Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Feel of Music

I'm very opinionated and at the same time, very attached to my music. I tend to form correlations of people, times and places with songs very strongly, and even if I try, I am never able to shake off those links. For example, I haven't listened to Linkin Park and most of Enigma and Bryan Adams for about 3 years, and there is no sign that that will change.

On the other hand, there are some songs with which I am able to recall the best times of my life, and the uplifting effect of those songs is simply amazing. However, I've often wondered if it possible for a song to have the same effect on everybody who listens to it. I have a candidate for such a song. You can find it here

It's a song called Appalachian Fall by DJ Sammy, and is completely instrumental. I'll be keeping it uploaded for a few days, before removing it. Do let me know how you liked it, and whether it had the same effect on you as it has had on me, every single time I've heard it.